A Vision for Our Future, The People
- Introduce relationship and parenting modules into our curriculum
Possibly the most important part of any human life is the ability to reproduce at a sustainable rate into a responsible society. While we all have a role to play one way or another in shaping the society in which we live, the consequences are not always understood if we don’t produce people who fully understand that. A healthy society is one where the importance of and how to have good relationships is taught, along with how to raise children to be responsible adults that fit into that society.
All marriage or relationship counselling will be state funded.
- Invest in green technologies
We will invest in technology that is both sustainable and exportable to the wider world
The New Zealand Government will no longer be involved in poisoning our soils and animals in a nonsensical effort to restore an ecosystem that existed hundreds of years ago.
See our One New Zealand Party statement on 1080.
- Bring back charter schools
New Zealanders have the right to be educated in schools that suit their needs. All schools will have the New Zealand curriculum as the basis of the education they provide.
- Repeal the new firearms legislation
New Zealand does not have a gun problem and the gun buy back laws have not prevented any unauthorised or illegal gun ownership. It has merely made responsible gun owners criminals and then by paying them for spare or unwanted parts or paraphernalia they have enabled them to buy more (legal) guns.
Any changes to the previous gun laws will be done through consultation and careful analysis, not a knee jerk ideological approach.
- Review family court laws to stop gender bias
There will be a review into the family court system to ensure that there is no gender bias with court rulings.
- There is no consensus in science that emissions are the cause of global warming, we will withdraw from the Paris Agreement and instead focus on local environmental issues.
The One New Zealand Party strongly refute the ICCP report that “Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities.”
The ICCP report is purely climate alarmist propaganda and there is equally strong or stronger evidence that 97% of their computer models have been proven to be consistently wrong, that warming occurred before CO2 levels rose, not after, and that for most of earths history life flourished with CO2 levels and the temperature significantly higher than now.
- End the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme
We will end the sale of carbon credits.
- Bring back oil exploration until there is a clear alternative to fossil fuels
Banning new oil exploration was an ideological action by the Labour Party, not an action proven to benefit New Zealand.
- Invest in government funded regional animal shelters and an independent national animal welfare commission.
For too long animal welfare has been ignored as successive governments have run a limited money supply model. Humans have been prioritised above animals and the animals have instead relied on the donations and the unpaid time of an army of volunteers.
The One New Zealand Party recognise the importance of animals and their welfare, we will invest in regional shelters and that we need an independent national animal welfare commission.
- People who are not residents of New Zealand and who come from countries where they cannot buy land, cannot buy land or property here.
This policy is to prevent people from corrupt countries, with corrupt economies, taking huge amounts of currency from their countries and buying up land in our country.
- As a member state of the UN, New Zealand cannot sign anything that interferes with our ability to be a sovereign nation, to do so would breach the Treaty of Waitangi
If the Government of New Zealand is to respect the wishes of the people who founded our nation, the writers and the signatories of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, it can not do anything that removes the ability of the New Zealand Government to retain 100% of the sovereignty within the elected Parliament of New Zealand.
- Immigration into New Zealand will be 100% based on a need only basis.
Appropriate security clearances, minimum English comprehension and a commitment to assimilate will all be prerequisites.